Discover Defy Gravity’s signature style of Aerial Yoga, Pilates, Barre and Fitness!
We offer a range of Aerial Yoga, Pilates, Barre and Fitness classes which are suitable for Beginners and Frequent Flyers alike, and ladies of ALL ages, sizes, fitness & flexibility levels absolutely love these gravity defying classes.
Our Aerial BARRE PILATES classes do NOT require any previous Aerial experience, BUT Aerial Evolution Fitness DOES. We offer a 6 WEEK AERIAL ESSENTIALS Course for Beginners wanting to experience this fabulous style of class.
MAX WEIGHT LIMIT: 125-130Kg in all Aerial Hammock classes
- Aerial classes are not suitable for pregnant women.
- Teens between the ages of 16 – 18 years of age are permitted in a class with a parent or 18+ guardian who is also enrolled in the same class. Sorry, under 16’s are unable to attend our group classes.
What to Wear & Bring to an Aerial Yoga, Pilates, Barre and Fitness class
- Long or 3/4 length leggings. Shorts or Bike pants are not suitable.
- Clean and fresh T-shirt with SLEEVES. Nothing too big that you can get tangled up in. As some classes involve inversions (hanging upside down), please wear a suitable sports bra or crop top to avoid wardrobe malfunctions.
- Socks or grip socks.
- BYO Yoga Mat, Water Bottle and Sweat Towel
To protect the hammocks Jewellery and Watches are forbidden in the hammocks. If you wish to wear a smart watch or fit-bit, please ensure it securely covered by a soft wrist/sweat band.
OUR AERIAL YOGA/HAMMOCK CLASSES
Aerial Essentials (Beginners Intro)
Our 6 Week Aerial Essentials program is perfect for first-timers, and is suitable for all ages and fitness abilities.
In these classes you’ll learn the basics of Aerial fitness, and of course learn lots of awesome moves and poses. You’ll also get a total body strength and conditioning workout, some cardio, defy gravity and add a seriously fun twist to your weekly workout routine!
** Please Note: Aerial ESSENTIALS is taken as a COURSE, and you will be committing to the same day/time class each week x 6 weeks. Before making your booking, please consider your ability to attend the same class each week for the duration of the course. If not, our Private Lessons offer may be a more suitable option for you.
We are OBSESSED with all three of them – AERIAL, BARRE & PILATES, so we created our very own Aerial Barre/Pilates class to combine all three.
You get a fun, effective and efficient workout, with all the benefits of barre, but also the bonus challenge of balance and stability from Aerial Yoga.
AND as with ALL our Aerial classes you’ll leave feeling refreshed and restored after some delicious YIN Stretching – it’s everyone’s FAVOURITE part of every class 💜
Make sure you bring some socks and plenty of water! No ballet, pilates or aerial experience necessary, but definitely bring an open mind and a sense of adventure.
- NO Aerial, Barre or Pilates experience is required before attending this class – and YES you can use your Discovery Pass for this class!
Aerial Yoga Fit
Aerial Yoga Fit is a fusion of traditional Aerial Yoga, Pilates, Barre and Fitness to provide a whole body workout sure to develop your strength and flexibility, release muscular tension and provide greater mobility and agility, while also having fun and realigning you from the compression of gravity!
- This class is NOT SUITABLE FOR BEGINNERS, and is restricted to intermediate & above students.
AERIAL YIN WORKSHOPS
This beautiful and peaceful class is all about slowing down and opening your body and mind through long, deep passive stretching.
It is a completely different experience to most mat based yoga classes in, and is focused on restoring the body and mind. In addition to passive stretching using the hammock, this class also incorporates a beautiful floating meditation whilst cocooned in the hammock leaving you feeling the blissful and totally chilled by the end of the class.
This is not run as a regular class, but as a 1-Off Workshop.
- NO Aerial or Yoga experience is required before attending this class – and YES you can use your Discovery Pass for this class!