I’m Cherene – a wife, mother, grandmother and founder/owner of Defy Gravity Fitness studio. My husband, Graham and I live in Newcastle (Australia), with our fur child, Axel – and our tribe of adult children are all off living their own best lives. I guess you could say I was a “late bloomer” – ie. it wasn’t until my 40’s that I discovered my love for all things fitness, nutrition, health and wellness. It started in 2004 when my eyes were opened to the fitness/sport of Pole Dancing just coming to Australia. We wanted IN, and by 2005 my daughter Bailey and I had opened our first pole studio – Pol-arise Fitness & Dance (which is still operating today under Bailey’s management). It wasn’t long before we also expanded into Aerial Yoga, Barre, Pilates, Suspension Fitness and Yoga, and I became a qualified Nutrition, Health and Life Coach (amongst other things). DEFY GRAVITY FITNESS brings together over 15 years of knowledge, and fusing it with Functional and Suspension fitness to create my EXCLUSIVE new Bungee and Suspension based fitness classes.
Posts by Cherene:
- Why the Mediterranean Diet is the #1 Diet in the world
- Bungee/Suspension Fitness – what the???
- Adrenal Fatigue – Fact or Fiction?
- 5-HTP – and 5 Science Backed Benefits of Using It
- How Do I Lose Weight? Get my 3 Top Tips to get started
- HEALTHY PRAWNS w/ZUCCHINI NOODLES
- 8 Simple Ways You Can Look After Your Joints