This would have to be one of my favourite mid-week meals! I discovered this one a few years ago when my husband and I were trying out Hello Fresh. It’s still on my “go-to” list when I’m looking for something quick & easy.
If you’re a No Carbs kind of person, you can just easily ditch the pasta for Zuccini Noodles (Zoodles) – but please remember that Carbs are NOT the Devil, and are actually required by your body to give you energy! Oh, and … you can enjoy almost anything and everything in moderation!
- Penne or Linguine Wholegrain or Rice Pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 slices of Bacon (trimmed & sliced into strips)
- 1 teaspoon Butter/Margarine
- 1 Zucchini (peeled into ribbons)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed),
- 1 sm bunch Flat Leaf Parsley (roughly chopped)
- Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 lge handful Baby Spinach leaves (washed & patted dry)
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the Pasta. Stir briefly so it doesn’t stick together. Cook for around 8 minutes or until “al-dente” (cooked through).
- Meanwhile – heat Olive Oil in a frypan on medium heat. Add Bacon and cook lightly for 4-5 minutes stirring regularly to avoid burning. Add Butter to the pan and melt, then add Zucchini and crushed Garlic and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until Zucchini has softened. Remove pan from the heat and set aside.
- Drain the Pasta, then add the Bacon, Zucchini, crumbled Feta and Parsley to pasta. Stir through the Baby Spinach and Lemon Juice.
- Lightly season with a little salt & pepper if desired and serve.
- Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Serves 2 people | 2860Kj per serve (680 calories)