Covid-19 Safety Statement
DEFY GRAVITY FITNESS is recognised as a COVID Safe business with a Safety Plan registered with the NSW Government.
UPDATED REGULATIONS & COVID POLICIES – 26TH JUNE 2021
These additional requirements mean some changes for staff, clients and visitors to our studio, and we thank you for your support, co-operation and understanding.
In order to comply with current regulations, Defy Gravity Fitness must strictly enforce the conditions outlined in our COVID-19 Safety Plan. Please make sure you read through the following information so you understand what YOUR responsibilities are during Covid-19.
Things to Know at a Glance
- All bookings must be made either online or over the phone IN ADVANCE due to limited class sizes.
- Payment is to be made at the time of booking (online or over the phone). We do not accept cash.
- Strict venue capacity numbers are in place, and to comply with venue capacity restrictions, children and other spectators are not permitted during classes.
- Clients are asked to please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before class and leave promptly afterwards.
- Masks are MANDATORY from the time you enter the building, to the time you leave.
- All class participants MUST bring their own EVERYTHING to class with them – yoga mat, large towel, smaller towel for cleaning any equipment you handle and water.
- Bring whatever you will need for class but please avoid bringing too many belongings. Keys, wallet and phone are acceptable, and we ask that you keep these with you during class.
- It is a condition of entry that every person entering the building sign in using the QR Codes posted in various locations at the entry and around the studio.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival and on leaving.
When to Stay Home
The safety of our students and staff is our utmost priority! You are required to stay home if unwell (even if you do not have COVID).
Anyone displaying symptoms of being unwell will respectfully be asked to leave the studio.
Anyone who suspects they may be infected, have been in contact with an infected person, has recently travelled to/from a hot spot or have been advised by authorities to self-isolate, must not attend classes.
Class times will be staggered with a minimum 15 minute gap between classes to prevent over-crowding during class changeovers.
Classes will start promptly at the start time and finish no later than the finish time. Please arrive on time and leave promptly after class. As much as it’s nice to catch up with friends, please avoid gathering in groups outside the studio.
Doors will open 5 minutes before classes. Please wait outside or in your car if you arrive early for class.
Please keep your belongings close by during class and use hand sanitiser upon entry.
We ask that you come dressed ready for class – no changing at the studio.
You will be given your own sanitiser spray bottle to use during class but we will not be able to supply other communal equipment. Please remember to maintain physical distancing requirements of minimum of 1.5 metres apart.
Bring Your Own
- 2 towels – 1 for your mat and 1 to clean any equipment you use/touch. We will NOT be suppling towels during this time
- Your own Yoga Mat
- Bottle of Water
- Please wear grip socks OR soft flexible shoes
We will use the last few minutes of every class to clean any equipment used by your and students will also be asked to use the sanitiser spray on the floor around your mat.
Should it be necessary to cancel IN-STUDIO Classes
Should it become necessary to close the studio due to Public Health Orders, or it becomes to necessary to cancel classes in the studio for any reason, Defy Gravity will do one of two things:
- We will provide ONLINE classes via Zoom to all students currently enrolled in studio classes (ie 2 online classes for 1 in-studio class). As most students do not have the equipment necessary to conduct a Bungee or Aerial class, a selection of no/minimal equipment classes and/or workshops will be hosted online in lieu of these classes, including mat based strength and conditioning and stretch and flexibility classes – OR
- Should it become absolutely necessary, we will temporarily close the business and put all classes and payments on hold until such time we are able to re-open and resume classes.
These are difficult times for all of us, but as a business we still have rent and overheads to pay regardless of whether we are open for business or not and we appreciate your understanding, co-operation and support curing these times.