UPDATED REGULATIONS & COVID POLICIES – Effective 18th February 2022
EFFECTIVE 18TH FEBRUARY 2022
- QR Code Scanning is no longer required to enter the studio.
- MASKS will still be required whilst on the premises (for 1 more week) but NOT DURING YOUR CLASS!
- There are NO restrictions regarding class numbers, total density or square metre rulings.
THEN…from 25th February 2022
- MASKS are NO LONGER MANDATORY – WOO HOO!!!! It is at YOUR OWN discretion whether you choose to wear a mask whilst in the studio or not.
- We will STILL be directing traffic within the studio to minimise over-crowding in certain areas. When you arrive, please come directly to the Student Waiting Area, until the current class has left. You can then put your things over in the Student change area to collect on your way out.
- Evidence of Covid Vaccination is no longer a requirement – however, in the interest of everyone attending our studio we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE all students and staff to be UP TO DATE with their vaccinations.
- We are still operating on BYO EVERYTHING! ie. Yoga Mat, 2 x Towels and Water Bottle.
When You (or We) are Sick
The safety of our students and staff is our utmost priority! You are required to stay home if you feel unwell (whether it’s Covid or something else). It’s super easy to change your class should the need arise. Anyone displaying symptoms of being unwell will respectfully be asked to leave the studio.
Anyone who suspects they may be infected or have been in close contact with an infected person must not attend classes.
To prevent over-crowding during class changeovers please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your class is due start.
We ask ALL students to SANITISE their hands before handling any equipment.
When you arrive please go directly to the Student Waiting Area (left of the stairs). When the previous class leaves, you can put your belongings in the Student Change Area OR keep them with you during your class.
As much as it’s nice to catch up with friends, please avoid gathering in the studio after class to minimise in-studio traffic. Instead, get out in the fresh air and have a chat!
You will be given your own sanitiser spray bottle to use during class but we will not be able to supply other communal equipment. Please remember to maintain physical distancing as much as possible.
Bring Your Own
- 2 towels – 1 for your mat and 1 to clean any equipment you use/touch. We will NOT be suppling towels during this time
- Your own Yoga Mat
- Bottle of Water
- Please wear grip socks OR soft flexible shoes
Cleaning & Sanitising
We will continue to use the last few minutes of every class to clean any equipment used by you.
Should it be necessary to cancel IN-STUDIO Classes
HOPEFULLY WE’VE SEEN THE LAST OF SNAP LOCK-DOWNS – but should it become necessary to cancel classes and/or close the studio due to Public Health Orders, local outbreaks or for any reason deemed fit by Defy Gravity, we will do one of two things:
- If it is short term closure/lock-down (up to 2 weeks), we may provide alternative ONLINE classes via Zoom to all students currently enrolled in studio classes (ie 2 online classes for 1 in-studio class). As most students do not have the equipment necessary to conduct a Bungee or Aerial class, a selection of no/minimal equipment classes and/or workshops will be hosted online in lieu of these classes, including mat based strength and conditioning and stretch and flexibility classes – OR
- Should it become necessary to close for a longer period of time (15 days or more), we will temporarily close the business and put all classes and payments on hold until such time we are able to re-open and resume classes. Any pre-payments made for future classes will be held over as a credit to when we are able to re-open.
These are difficult times for all of us, but as a business we still have rent and overheads to pay regardless of whether we are open for business or not and as such our strict no refunds policy still applies.
We have all had a rough time over the last 2 years with Covid lurking around every corner, and we appreciate your understanding, co-operation and support during these difficult and uncertain times.