UPDATED REGULATIONS & COVID POLICIES – Effective 8th January 2022
DEFY GRAVITY FITNESS is/was recognised as a COVID Safe business with a Safety Plan registered with the NSW Government BUT as of January 2022 NEW Government rulings have seen some changes to the way we ALL begin to live with Covid-19.
We’re STILL working really HARD to keep us ALL safe!
We are once again living with lots of uncertainty, and we fully appreciate that some people are a little unsure about going out (hey – we are too) BUT lots of small businesses around the state are continuing to be affected by this latest Covid outbreak, and a lot of us NEED YOUR SUPPORT NOW MORE THAN EVER BEFORE…or they won’t be around when this all blows over! FACT!!!
EFFECTIVE FROM 8TH JANUARY – over the next few months we will be adopting an even more FLEXIBLE approach to our Term Classes in addition to the measures we already have in place to try to ensure everyone’s safety.
What this means for YOU!
You will still book in for your regular class or course – BUT If you are unable to attend at any time due to contracting Covid-19 OR being a close contact requiring mandatory isolation, please be assured that you won’t miss out on your classes. You can simply cancel out of your regular class and book into another class/es when you are able to come out and play again! The use by date of ALL our Small Group Classes will be extended IF you are able to produce evidence that you have been affected by Covid.
- MASKS are still MANDATORY in indoor settings, but in accordance with NSW Health Regulations MAY be pulled down during your class. We ask that all students & staff still wear your mask under your chin so it can be pulled up when appropriate distancing is not possible.
- We will STILL be directing traffic within the studio to minimise over-crowding in certain areas. When you arrive, please come directly to the Student Waiting Area, until the current class has left. You can then put your things over in the Student change area to collect on your way out.
- We are NOT classified as a “Gym/Fitness Centre” and are NOT CLASSIFIED AS A HIGH RISK SETTING (we fall under the Yoga, Pilates, Dance studio category) therefore QR Code Scanning is not required however we recommend all students continue to “scan in” as a precaution.
- Evidence of Covid Vaccination is no longer required, BUT in the interest of everyone attending our studio we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE all students and staff to be fully vaccinated AND get a booster shot as soon as possible when they become eligible.
- We are still operating on BYO EVERYTHING! ie. Yoga Mat, 2 x Towels and Water Bottle.
Other Ways We’re Doing our Bit to Keep YOU Safe
- We have replaced our paper towel dispenser in the toilets/change area with a more hygienic Air Hand Dryer.
- We’ve also brought in Air Purifiers to help filter out airborne allergens, pollutants, bacteria and viruses.
When to Stay Home
The safety of our students and staff is our utmost priority! You are required to stay home if you feel unwell (whether it’s Covid or something else). It’s super easy to change your class should the need arise. Anyone displaying symptoms of being unwell will respectfully be asked to leave the studio.
Anyone who suspects they may be infected or have been in close contact with an infected person must not attend classes.
To prevent over-crowding during class changeovers please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your class is due start.
We ask ALL students to SANITISE their hands on arrival and before handling any equipment.
When you arrive please go directly to the Student Waiting Area (left of the stairs). When the previous class leaves, you can put your belongings in the Student Change Area OR keep them with you during your class.
As much as it’s nice to catch up with friends, please avoid gathering in the studio after class to minimise in-studio traffic. Instead, get out in the fresh air and have a chat!
Where possible, please come dressed ready for class and avoid changing at the studio.
You will be given your own sanitiser spray bottle to use during class but we will not be able to supply other communal equipment. Please remember to maintain physical distancing as much as possible.
Bring Your Own
- 2 towels – 1 for your mat and 1 to clean any equipment you use/touch. We will NOT be suppling towels during this time
- Your own Yoga Mat
- Bottle of Water
- Please wear grip socks OR soft flexible shoes
Cleaning & Sanitising
We will continue to use the last few minutes of every class to clean any equipment used by you.
Should it be necessary to cancel IN-STUDIO Classes
HOPEFULLY WE’VE SEEN THE LAST OF SNAP LOCK-DOWNS – but should it become necessary to cancel classes and/or close the studio due to Public Health Orders, local outbreaks or for any reason deemed fit by Defy Gravity, we will do one of two things:
- If it is short term closure/lock-down (up to 2 weeks), we may provide alternative ONLINE classes via Zoom to all students currently enrolled in studio classes (ie 2 online classes for 1 in-studio class). As most students do not have the equipment necessary to conduct a Bungee or Aerial class, a selection of no/minimal equipment classes and/or workshops will be hosted online in lieu of these classes, including mat based strength and conditioning and stretch and flexibility classes – OR
- Should it become necessary to close for a longer period of time (15 days or more), we will temporarily close the business and put all classes and payments on hold until such time we are able to re-open and resume classes. Any pre-payments made for future classes will be held over as a credit to when we are able to re-open.
These are difficult times for all of us, but as a business we still have rent and overheads to pay regardless of whether we are open for business or not and as such our strict no refunds policy still applies.
We have all had a rough time over the last 2 years with Covid lurking around every corner, and we appreciate your understanding, co-operation and support during these difficult and uncertain times.