The way you start your day often sets up how the rest of your day pans out! If you start your day stressed and rushed, that’s often how it will continue, but if you start it off relaxed and happy – well you’re setting yourself up for a relaxed and happy day!
Whether you’re a single, a busy working wife & mother or whatever, you can always MAKE TIME for a little “me time” in the morning!
- Get up 10 mins earlier! Set the alarm to get up just 10 mins earlier than normal. 10 mins is all it takes to sneak some quiet time. Throw on some workout gear and grab your water bottle.
- Head to the kitchen! Put the kettle on, get out the egg poacher and toaster and prepare a couple of my Poached Mini Omelettes with Wholegrain toast (see/download recipe below).
- Workout – while breakfast is cooking, do my 10 min Wake Up Workout – either in the kitchen or head outside into the morning sun and fresh air! Get the Wake Up Workout here 🙂
- Fuel Up – once you’ve completed your workout, your Mini Omelettes should be ready, so sit down and enjoy a high protein, energy packed breakfast to keep your fat burners going and metabolism in high gear.
Now you’re ready to start the day! 🙂
Poached Mini Omelette
- 2 eggs
- 1 small slice ham, chopped finely
- Sprinkle grated cheese
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Break the eggs into a small jug and beat well.
- Add the ham and salt/pepper and mix well.
- Spray the poacher rings with Olive Oil
- Pour the egg mixture into the rings and cover the pan with a lid. Allow to cook for approx 10 mins or until cooked through.
- As the omelettes cook, they will puff up like a Soufflé as they fill with steam, and will deflate slightly when you lift the lid off the pan.
Serve with a slice or two of Wholegrain toast and ENJOY!
Get creative and add your own fillings – think grated zucchini, mushrooms, capsicum – whatever you like:-)